Inadvertent birthday (October 16 btw) box! Useful products all around – 4 out of 5 ain’t bad. Just as a reminder…
“Products I don’t use will be combined into a GIVEAWAY. Why not? I don’t like wasting things, but anyway.” UPDATE: The Giveaway box is pretty much overflowing now so I will be giving away 3 boxes in this December! Keep that in mind if you…
- like free stuff
- would like to gift this to someone during the holidays
- just like entering contests
Be on the lookout for complete contest information after next month’s unboxing/turkey coma.
Join BIRCHBOX!What’s in the BOX:
- Vasanti BrightenUp! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator (full size 4.23 oz. $34) – I used this exfoliator/enzyme scrub without my Clarisonic and had felt a difference instantly afterward. The texture is similar to micro-beads in your typical microdermabrasion scrub – very fine. It left my face very smooth and soft. As far as buying it again, maybe. Face products essentially are more expensive correlating with quality – except for the standard St. Ives Apricot Scrub in EVERYONE’S bathroom.
- Dr. Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (full size 15 mL. $14.50) – Basically all this is, is glorified lanolin – think a thicker more tacky vaseline. This was meh, but it’s Fall so I will use it. The product description notes: This versatile lip balm and gloss also heals cuticles, split ends, sunburns, and even diaper rash.
- Folle de Joie eau de parfum (full size 3.4 fl oz. $98) – This parfum reminds me of a more fancy Jean Nate. It’s slightly woody/musky so I’d say it’s more of a night-time fall scent. I’m more into fruit and citrus notes but this isn’t that strong/off-putting.
- Cynthia Rowley Beauty Eyeliner (full size 0.04 oz./$16) – One of you will be winning this eyeliner. I received this in silver.
- DevaCurl No-Poo™ – Cleanse (full size 32 oz. $39.95) – Was surprised by this sample but pleasantly. I’ve always wanted to try the DevaCurl line as a natural head but always forget when it comes time to buy new goods. What perfect timing at that, as Friday is wash day and I’ll be doing a henna gloss (which is known to dry out hair a bit so I’ll be able judge the effectiveness). Hair product pricing is too damn high! However, with the amount they provide you’re roughly paying $1.25 per oz – so it’s not THAT bad.
This was a nice birthday BIRCHBOX. Only one total loss (your gain) but all in all some nice product samples this time around.